Fluorite Crystal Properties
Fluorite (also known as fluor or fluorspar) is a multi-colored mineral that has strong energetic healing properties and captivating physical beauty. The name of this stone comes from the glow it gets under ultraviolet light and it is available in a wide variety of colors and shades.
Fluorite absorbs negative energy and transmutes it into positive energy, so this stone is ideal for those who are feeling burnt out. Being near fluorite can enhance your natural aura and raise your vibration. Fluorite is also known to boost mental clarity, detoxify, and promote peace of mind.
Fluorite was named by Carlo Antonio Galeani Napione in 1797. The word “fluorite” originates from the Latin word flux, which means to flow interchangeably. Flux refers to the way the colors of fluorite react to light, as well as its ability to keep positive energy flowing.
Each color of fluorite holds a unique meaning.
- Black fluorite is the best choice for cleansing and purifying negativity and its energy shields the emotional body.
- Blue fluorite represents the throat chakra and your voice, so it will help you improve communication and increase authenticity, honesty, and transparency.
- Green fluorite is related to the heart chakra and supports emotional well-being, making it a good choice for those who are experiencing grief or heartbreak.
- Pink fluorite will open up your heart and promote healing and self-love.
- Purple fluorite is connected to the crown chakra and brings about love, peace, protection, and spiritual awakening.
- Rainbow fluorite is grounding yet spiritually elevating and improves creativity, intuition, and psychic abilities.
- White/clear fluorite creates harmony, encourages mental clarity and foresight, and pairs well with other crystals.
- Yellow fluorite represents the solar plexus chakra and influences confidence, joy, positive intentions, and self-assurance.
Blue, clear, green, purple, and yellow are the most common fluorite colors, but rainbow fluorite is a favorite among fluorite enthusiasts. Despite its name, rainbow fluorite is not rainbow but a rich blend of purple and green and no two rainbow fluorite crystals are alike.
Despite the striking beauty of rainbow fluorite, the individually-colored fluorite stones are rarer than rainbow fluorite, and blue and yellow are the rarest of them all. The rarity and value of each fluorite stone depend on the brightness and vividness of its color.
Fluorite Benefits & Healing Properties
Fluorite has been used for holistic healing for thousands of years. It has many emotional and spiritual benefits, and can help you combat anxiety and worry by bringing clarity and peace to your life.
Physically, fluorite offers physical cleansing and detoxification. Fluorite can be used to rid your body of harmful toxins and when placed strategically throughout your home can increase harmony.
For people of the Libra zodiac sign, fluorite can be helpful in making decisions about the future.
There are a number of ways to add fluorite to your life so you can enjoy this healing stone’s benefits.
- Use it as home decor: Placing a fluorite crystal on your nightstand or work desk will continuously refresh your energy and promote gratitude and love in your home.
- Use it during meditation: Placing fluorite on your lap, holding it in your hands, or placing it somewhere close to your body while you meditate can help absorb the stone’s healing properties.
- Wear it as jewelry: Accessorizing with colorful fluorite jewelry like bracelets, earrings, and necklaces will have you feeling and looking great.
Fluorite is used as a flux to eliminate impurities in steel and other metal manufacturing. In the optics field, fluorite is used to make special lenses, and demand is so high that synthetic lab-created crystals are often used. Fluorite is also used to produce certain types of enamel and glass.
Charging & Cleansing Fluorite
Crystals can become depleted of their energy and need to recharge and each type of crystal cleanses and charges differently.
Fluorite dissolves in water, so do not use water to cleanse it. To replenish fluorite’s energy, you should smudge fluorite crystals with sage smoke or let them bask in the light of a full moon overnight.
Where Fluorite Comes From
Fluorite is a common mineral that has been found all over the world, including countries such as:
- France (especially bright blue fluorite)
- South Africa (especially deep-green fluorite)
- United States
Fluorite crystals are often found near calcite and quartz crystals.
How To Know If Fluorite Is Genuine
The sign of a genuine fluorite crystal is that it glows under UV light. Also, because fluorite is a soft stone, genuine fluorite is often covered in small scratches.
Crystals That Complement Fluorite
If you want to enhance fluorite’s benefits and healing properties, you can combine it with similar types of crystals. Examples of other crystals that complement fluorite are:
- Pink Tourmaline
- Quartz (particularly jet or obsidian/black)
- Red jasper
- Rose quartz
- Tiger’s eye
Where To Buy Fluorite Crystals
To purchase Fluorite crystals for your gift shop, gallery, or museum you should find a wholesale crystal distributor. The Gemstone Factory is an online wholesale crystal distributor specializing in crystals, gemstones, and unique gifts. Our inventory offers a variety of crystals in various forms like spheres, free forms, points, hearts, buddhas, tumbled stones, jewelry, worry stones, palm stones, and pendulums.
The Gemstone Factory is committed to delivering quality pieces at a competitive price always being open and honest about the quality of our inventory. To learn more about our extensive selection, visit our website or contact us for more information.